The 2022/2023 Freshmen Medical Examination date has been been announced and confirmed by Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Freshmen medical will begin on January 10, 2023, at the New Social Science block and students’ clinic from 8 am to 3 pm daily, according to KNUST Management. Detailing is below
The following is a timetable and procedure for the exams.
For the workout, there are two centers. On all days except Sundays, exams begin at 8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm. Examining Facilities are:
1. Students’ Clinic (near Hall 7 on Number 3 Asuogya Road) | Get directions
2. Social Sciences Faculty, New Block | Directions
- Fill out a medical questionnaire online at https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/medicals.
- Travel to the above-mentioned medical examination facility of your choosing.
- Register at the Center using your student or reference number.
- Make your way to the nursing station.
- Visit the lab station to give a blood sample so that a sickling test can be performed.
- Pay for a chest x-ray examination for Ghanaian students, then head to the x-ray station to get the scan.
- X-ray fees for international students do not need to be paid; they are already covered by tuition. Please bring a copy of your admission letter with you as identification of your international status.
- Enter the consulting room to speak with the doctor
Only students who have paid their tuition and have been approved by the finance office will have medical exams done. For all students, a current National Health Insurance Card is necessary.
In order to register students at the NHIA’s recommended cost for individuals without national health insurance, NHIA representatives will be on hand in the hospital and the students’ clinic (including International Students).
An X-ray of the chest will be taken as part of the medical examination.